St Ives to Lelant Circular Walk – Including Train Ride
From St Ives harbour and onwards to Porthminster Beach then follow the coast path to Carbis Bay the route then continues along St Michael’s Way. From Carrack Gladden at low tide it’s possible to walk across Porth Kidney Sands (or the dunes at high tide) to reach Lelant. Pasting St Uny’s church continue along the road till you reach Lelant Saltings Station, a journey on the train back to St Ives makes the route circular. The picturesque train line, is quite possibly the most scenic branch line in Britain, it is truly the best way to arrive in St Ives.
- Distance: 4.4 miles/7 km
- Grade: Moderate
- Start: St Ives Train Station
- Parking: Station car park
- Satnav: TR26 2BH
- Footwear: Walking boots in winter, trainers in summer
- Beaches where dogs are allowed all year: Porth Kidney.
- Beaches with seasonal dog restrictions: Porthminster, Carbis Bay.