Lelant Saltings to Carbis Bay Circular Walk
This circular walk follows St Michael’s Way from Lelant past St Uny’s church to the dunes. At low tide it is possible to walk across Porth Kidney Sands (or the dunes at high tide) to reach Carrack Gladden. The route continues along St Michael’s Way to Carbis Bay. From Carbis Bay, the route crosses the railway and then follows footpaths parallel to the railway back to the West Cornwall Golf Course. Footpaths and small lanes complete the circular route. For this circular walk you can catch the train from St Ives and get off at Carbis Bay, and start the walk from there or continue on till Lelant Saltings station.
- Distance: 4.8 miles/7.7 km
- Grade: Moderate
- Start: Lelant Saltings car park
- Parking: Lelant Saltings
- Satnav: TR27 6HB
- Footwear: Walking boots in winter, trainers in summer
- Beaches where dogs are allowed all year: Porth Kidney.
- Beaches with seasonal dog restrictions: Carbis Bay.